It is every aspiring American writer’s dream to write the next Great American Novel. It is every aspiring American writer’s challenge to find time to write the next Great American Novel. This has been my frustration for some time now. So, now is the time to poke some fun at it…I’m taking this way too serious. Here goes.
So, when and where can I find time to write:
- Yep (blush) you guessed it. Just don’t drop my tablet you-know-where
- Since I don’t have children, it means time away from my furry kid (although many times she is in my lap as I write. Notice in this picture she is beside the printer).
- Time away from my sweetie. (my least favorite to take time away from)
- No time to stop and smell the roses…
- The worst time waster of all…we know it is true
So, what does this little exercise teach me? Writing must be a part of my life. Not all of my life, but, not a wish or a whim. It must be my joy and my passion. I must balance it on the tip of my finger tips. I will weigh the craft on the big scale and determine that it has a real place in this challenge known as living.